Strategies to identify and reduce or remove risks of child abuse
Identifying potential risks before they occur ensures your organisation is taking a preventative approach. Begin by examining your existing Risk Management Plan. Things to consider are:
- Understand the level of risk associated with your organisation and the services and activities it provides.
- Discuss the risks of each activity or event. Seek to identify what the risks are and what can you do to reduce these risk.
- Include children and young people in this discussion as they may have some specific experiences that further your understanding of the risks.
- Have your committee approve these documents and procedures and commit to reviewing them annually.
- Encourage the leaders to use them!
Want more information? Register now to access free help and downloadable resources for applying this Child Safe Standard.